Coalition of Ontario Doctors Letter to OMA Board of Directors – August 24, 2016
Board of Directors
Ontario Medical Association
150 Bloor Street West, Suite 900
Toronto, Ontario, M5S 3C1
The Coalition notes the OMA’s August 22 acknowledgment of membership’s deep seated dissatisfaction with the manner in which the tentative PSA was negotiated, disclosed and pressed on membership with a disrespectful communications campaign funded with members’ resources. We note that the cost to membership of the OMA’s “Yes” campaign has yet to be disclosed.
We are therefore not persuaded that membership’s desire for transparency, accountability and renewal are served by the deployment of additional members funds for the engagement of yet another communications consultant with an undefined mandate.
If there is to be a lasting repair of the trust gap created by the events of the last two months, members need to be fully engaged in any review process. Accordingly, the Coalition expects to fully participate in the review process. The identity of the reviewer is to be agreed, must be entirely at arm’s length from the OMA and government of Ontario and its mandate and reporting protocol is to be agreed. Complete transparency and independence must be assured.
Membership is no longer prepared to accept the conduct of OMA business in secret where matters that go to the heart of our Association are concerned.
We would appreciate the courtesy of a timely response to this request.
- Coalition of Ontario Doctors
- Concerned Ontario Doctors
- OMA Section on Cardiology
- OMA Section on Cardio-Vascular Surgery
- OMA Section on Diagnostic Imaging
- OMA Section on Emergency Medicine
- OMA Section of Gastroenterology
- OMA Section on Nephrology
- OMA Section on Neuroradiology
- OMA Section on Neurology
OMA Section of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery
- OMA Section on Chronic Pain
- OMA Section on Urology
- OMA Section on Thoracic Surgery
- Dermatology Association of Ontario
- Doctors for Justice
- Emergency Physicians of Ontario
- Ontario Association of Cardiologists
- Ontario Association of Radiologists
- Ontario Association of Nephrologists
- Ontario Association of Nuclear Medicine