Improving Fairness for Echo Facility Owners within the EQI Accreditation Program
Revised Facility Agreement
In November 2017 the OAC was pleased to announce the creation of a revised EQI program Facility Agreement.
Reaching consensus on an agreement that addressed our member’s concerns required months of discussions involving our legal advisors, the legal team of CorHealth Ontario and the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.
Echocardiography facility owners are now assured that outstanding legal concerns with the EQI program have been addressed.
- The indemnity clause has been removed.
- There is a guaranteed role for a physician in the second review of a facility, if required.
- A new, independent appeal process has been created, which will involve cardiologists approved by OAC.
- There is now greater certainty in resolving issues should the Ministry withdraw funding for the EQI program in the future.
- Protection of personal health information has been strengthened.
The OAC is proud of the role it played on behalf of its members, to improve fairness in the program. Furthermore, we are pleased by the commitment of CorHealth Ontario to work collaboratively with the OAC on the ongoing development, assessment and improvement of the EQI Program.